NYC Honorary Street Names
"G" Honorary Streets: Staten Island
Gaetano Vincent Mangano Street (Staten Island)
Location:Corner of Wainwright Street and Pompei Avenue
Honoree: Gaetano Vincent Mangano (1918-2005) was active in the Eltingville community for over 50 years. He served on Community Board 4, served as President of the Memphis Avenue Civic Association and was elected National Vice President of the American Postal Workers Union.
George G. Srour Place (Staten Island)
Location:Northwest corner of Richard Avenue and Hylan Boulevard
Honoree: George Srour (1929-2004), a Korean War veteran and a Master Plumber, retired after 27 years of service at the City College of New York. He was active in the local VFW posts, the 40 and 8 and other veterans groups.
Gina Alexa Morales Way (Staten Island)
Present name:Yetman Avenue
Location:Between Summit Street and Academy Avenue
Honoree: Gina Alexa Morales (2001-2008), a student at P.S. 1 in Tottenville, died of complications of asthma and became an organ donor. Her liver and two kidneys saved the lives of three people.
Grace Galante Boulevard (Staten Island)
Present name:Eltingville Boulevard
Location:Between Katan Avenue and Genesee Avenue
Honoree: Grace Galante (b. 1972) worked for Cantor Fitzgerald at the World Trade Center. She was killed in the terrorist attack of September 11, 2001.
Grandmaster Peter Siringano, Sr. Square (Staten Island)
Location:The intersection of Clove Road and Castleton Avenue.
Honoree: Peter Siringano, Sr. (1928-1994) became interested in Jiu Jitsu at the age of 13. After service in the US Army, during which he earned a 2d degree black belt, he opened the first school of martial arts on Staten Island. He was one of the few people in the world to attaina a 10th degree Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu and Karate, thus earning the title of Grandmaster. At one time he had 12 branch schools in 5 states.
Granite Athletic Club Way (Staten Island)
Location:Underneath the Forest Avenue sign at the northwest corner of Richmond Avenue
Honoree: The Granite Athletic Club was formed in 1934 at Richmond Avenue and Forest Avenue. The Club raises money that it then uses to sponsor athletic teams, including menís and young girlsí softball teams, football, and menís and womenís bowling teams.
Contact | © 2005-2017 by Gilbert Tauber