NYC Honorary Street Names
St. Mary’s Place (Manhattan)
Present name:West 126th Street
Location:Between Old Broadway and Amsterdam Avenue.
Honoree: St. Mary's Protestant Episcopal Church, on the north side of 126th Street, was founded in 1820. Its first building was a frame structure built about 1825. It was demolished in 1908 and the present church erected in 1909. Parts of the orginal rectory were converted to become part of the present parish house. The Sunday School building, located behind and linked to the church, was built in 1890.
Contact | © 2005-2020 by Gilbert Tauber